There are several members of your medical team that may be involved in your care.
Members of this neuro-oncology team typically include:
- Neuro-oncologist – a doctor who treats brain or spine cancer
- Neurologist – a doctor who deals with disorders of the nervous system
- Neurosurgeon – a doctor who operates on the brain or spine
- Radiation oncologist – a doctor who administers radiation therapy
- Neuropathologist – a doctor who studies diseases of the nervous system
- Psychologists and social workers – offer emotional support and assist in managing the practical and financial impact of a brain tumor
- Nurses and nurse practitioners – oversee the management of patient care as recommended by doctor
We encourage you to download and print this guide and bring it with you to your appointments.
Seeking a Second Opinion
The Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative is a network of renowned medical centers. These doctors have made a career long commitment to improving the lives of brain tumor patients.