Deciding which treatment is best can feel overwhelming. Talk with your treating doctor about all the possible treatment options. You have choices. Here are some questions to ask to help you determine the best treatment for you.
- If I want a second opinion, who do you recommend that I see?
- What are the treatment options available?
- What is the standard treatment versus clinical trials?
- How long do I have to make decisions about my course of treatment (when do I need to start this treatment)?
- How long will I be on this treatment?
- Will insurance cover the treatment?
- How will the treatment be administered (oral or IV)?
- Are there alternative treatment options?
- How do you determine if the treatment is effective?
- How often do you recommend I get MRIs?
- What are common treatment side effects and how do you manage them?
- Are there long-term effects of the treatment that I should be aware of?
- Can I work and/or resume activities while in treatment?
Make sure you are getting the best care possible by asking your doctor these questions.
We encourage you to download and print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.